mardi 13 octobre 2015

Open Road Summer - Emery Lord

Goodreads summary:

After breaking up with her bad-news boyfriend, Reagan O’Neill is ready to leave her rebellious ways behind. . . and her best friend, country superstar Lilah Montgomery, is nursing a broken heart of her own.

Fortunately, Lilah’s 24-city tour is about to kick off, offering a perfect opportunity for a girls-only summer of break-up ballads and healing hearts. But when Matt Finch joins the tour as its opening act, his boy-next-door charm proves difficult for Reagan to resist, despite her vow to live a drama-free existence.

This summer, Reagan and Lilah will navigate the ups and downs of fame and friendship as they come to see that giving your heart to the right person is always a risk worth taking.

A fresh new voice in contemporary romance, Emery Lord’s gorgeous writing hits all the right notes.


My review:

4/5

This is the kind of books that I could read every day (and I'm guilty of doing that sometimes). It's just so cute and sweet and it leaves my with a giddy feeling for the rest of the day, which is the perfect cure for sad rainy days. 

Although this is definitely a summer book, I loved reading it in September, just before it gets really cold, because it reminded me of the last couple of weeks. Lilah and Reagan's summer sounds amazing, even though it's only because of Lilah's fame that they get to road trip around the country like that and it isn't everyone's dream to be famous. However, since it's her best friend's story, it's more focused on their friendship and Reagan's love life than on Lilah's career. I liked that fact, because I would not want to be famous, and reading this story in Lilah's perspective would probably have given me anxiety. However, I liked learning about the celebrity life and the struggles they have, because I thought it was really realistic. I've seen many celebrities destroyed by bad press, so I could absolutely understand how much pressure was on Lilah. 

My favourite thing in this novel was probably the friendship between Lilah and Reagan. They're always supportive of each other, listening and offering advice even during the worst of times. They think highly of each other and seeing how proud they are touched me, because it shows that they truly love each other and would never live without their best friend. Celebrity has never affected their friendship, which is a miracle in itself, but then again, I don't think it could be destroyed by anything. The best adjective to describe it is definitely strong, which isn't the case for every friendship out there. 

I really liked how Matt and Reagan's relationship evolved. She's quite hard to approach, so I wasn't surprised to see her resist to him in every possible way. On the other hand, his determination and tactics surprised me, because most guys would've given up long ago. I think it's the reason why they're such a good couple, because they put a lot of effort into the base of their relationship. There were a lot of swoon-worthy moments and I was touched by Matt's actions, which were exactly what Reagan needed. However, I was disappointed by the way Reagan acted when they became a couple, because she didn't seem like the kind of girl who would be so ready to let go of her best friend. She never abandonned Lilah, but I feel like she was much less supportive because of her love life. I loved Lilah's love life, which was the most adorable I've ever read about (just like herself). I wish I could've read the story in her perspective just for this reason.

In the end, I really liked this novel. I absolutely recommend it!

16081202

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire