jeudi 8 octobre 2015

Rose Under Fire (Code Name Verity #2) - Elizabeth Wein

Goodreads summary:

While flying an Allied fighter plane from Paris to England, American ATA pilot and amateur poet, Rose Justice, is captured by the Nazis and sent to Ravensbrück, the notorious women's concentration camp. Trapped in horrific circumstances, Rose finds hope in the impossible through the loyalty, bravery and friendship of her fellow prisoners. But will that be enough to endure the fate that's in store for her?

Elizabeth Wein, author of the critically-acclaimed and best-selling Code Name Verity, delivers another stunning WWII thriller. The unforgettable story of Rose Justice is forged from heart-wrenching courage, resolve, and the slim, bright chance of survival.


My review:

5/5

This book is amazing. I wish there were more words for me to explain how much I loved it, but seriously, it's just too hard to explain. 

I love historical fiction, but this book took it one step higher. It's all about the horrors that happened during WWII, instead of having a romantic twist to relieve the readers from all the stress and the sadness. I really liked that. The story has made the main character, Rose, such a fragile yet strong person that it would take her years to meet new people that she can be herself with, especially if those people haven't experienced horrors like she did. This book truly showed me how, even when everything ended, the war wasn't over and everyone couldn't be happy, because they had just gone through hell and they were expected to go on as if nothing happened. It's really hard to think about all the damages, from the killed humans to those traumatized people who had to continue living for their friends who died. 

I very highly recommend this novel. I sadly haven't read the first book in the series because I can't find it anywhere, but you can be assured I'm going to read it now.


17907041

2 commentaires:

  1. Still thrilled that you have read this. Rose Under Fire and Code Name Verity are two of my favourite YA books. Code Name Verity was mind blowing for me. Warning you really have to plow through the first part, but the second is just...I can't explain it is so good!

    RépondreEffacer
    Réponses
    1. I'm so excited to read Code Name Verity! The second I get the chance to buy it, you can be sure that I will!

      Effacer