dimanche 30 août 2015

The Death Cure (Maze Runner #3) - James Dashner

Goodreads summary:

It’s the end of the line.

WICKED has taken everything from Thomas: his life, his memories, and now his only friends—the Gladers. But it’s finally over. The trials are complete, after one final test.

Will anyone survive?

What WICKED doesn’t know is that Thomas remembers far more than they think. And it’s enough to prove that he can’t believe a word of what they say.

The truth will be terrifying.

Thomas beat the Maze. He survived the Scorch. He’ll risk anything to save his friends. But the truth might be what ends it all. 

The time for lies is over.


My review:

3/5

I liked this, but for some reason, the second book in this series was my favorite one, which is why I didn't think this one was more extraordinary than the other books. 

Because this trilogy is set in different places in every book, it doesn't feel like a series to me, because every book is so different. I liked how many answers I got in The Scorch Trials and how fast-paced it was, but The Death Cure was incredibly different. For one, it seemed as though the rest of the world, which simply didn't seem to exist in the two first novels, finally showed itself and it felt way too modern and normal for me to actually believe it. I had this idea of the Earth being completely destroyed, except for the teenagers they put in the Mazes, but finding out that there were still healthy people was surprising. Also, I thought that not much really happens in this book, which disappointed me after loving the second book for its action-packed story. 

I really like how the characters interact in this book, though. They're all desperate to get out of this alive and they work so hard together to make it work, which was heartwarming. However, I don't think any relationship in this series ever sounded realistic to me, because I never rooted for one of the characters to end up with another one. I still don't understand Teresa's character and I don't think I ever will, but that might just be because of WICKED, since I thought she was alright after the first book. 

While I loved how complicated WICKED sounded it the second book, I was disappointed with what I learned in this one. The characters working for them don't seem to have any personality, or intelligence, for that matter, and it's really confusing to read about them. I was really skeptical about every character's motives because of how WICKED manipulates everyone, so the fact that everyone ended up being exactly what they said they were in this book was unsettling and unrealistic, because it's like everyone was lying in the first two books, but they all became nice and honest characters between the second and third book. 

Come to think of it, I didn't like this book as much as I thought I did. Thanks to this review, i realized this and I'm now lowering my review to three stars. I'n still excited for the movies (DYLAN O'BRIEN) though.


7864437

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire