lundi 29 juin 2015

Geek Girl - Holly Smale

5/5

Yes, this book is probably aimed for 13 year-olds. No, I am not a 13 year-old, but I did like this book. A lot. A huge lot.

Its characters are amazing. First of all, Harriet is funny, honest and, well, geeky. It made me love her very quickly, even though I didn't approve all of her decisions. Her dad is absolutely hilarious and he made me laugh so hard that my own parents probably think I'm crazy by now. Her stepmother is strong, serious and loving, which is why she's perfect for Harriet's dad. Seriously, they're adorable. Then there's Nick. Oh, Nick. You may be a tad bit younger than I am, I still think you're very, very, very hot. The descriptions worked really well for me, and my imagination took care of EVERYTHING else. Literally. And when he turned out to be amazingly cute at the end, I wanted to dance, cry and sing, all at once. Toby, the creepy stalker/geek, was a better character than I expected him to be, even though I think he enbodices every prejudice against Geeks. My favorite character was probably Wilbur, from the agency, because you juste CAN'T dislike him. He's adorable, hilarious and I just loved the way he talks in general. I want one for myself! I feel like I didn't get to understand Nat's character that much throughout the story, which is sad, because a big part of it is based around her.

I think the storyline is interesting, even though it's a bit cliché. Harriet's evolution is great and I think she's mature for her age, except when she's hiding under tables, obviously. However, I know I would too, if I could find there what she found...

I highly recommend this book, no matter how childish you might think it looks. I know I did, but it proved me wrong and I'm more than pleased! I can't wait to read the second book now...

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire