jeudi 12 novembre 2015

Dream a Little Dream (Silber #1) - Kerstin Gier

Goodreads summary:

Mysterious doors with lizard-head knobs. Talking stone statues. A crazy girl with a hatchet. Yes, Liv's dreams have been pretty weird lately. Especially the one where she's in a graveyard at night, watching four boys conduct dark magic rituals.

The strangest part is that Liv recognizes the boys in her dream. They're classmates from her new school in London, the school where she's starting over because her mom has moved them to a new country (again). But what's really scaring Liv is that the dream boys seem to know things about her in real life, things they couldn't possibly know--unless they actually are in her dreams? Luckily, Liv never could resist a good mystery, and all four of those boys are pretty cute....


My review:

4/5

Oh, I can't wait to read more of this series! 

While I didn't know that it was about such a young character, especially since I wanted to read this book because of Ruby Red, I really enjoyed my time reading. I wouldn't say it's as good as the Precious Stones trilogy (because this one is incredible and one of my all-time favourites), but it had potential, so I'm really excited to know what happens next. 

I was surprised by the theme of this book, because I only expected something magical or fantastic, not demoniac. It was really interesting and different from what I usually read, so that was a nice surprise. I liked the doors in people's dreams and all the story created within them, because it's such an awesome idea. 

I do wish the characters were older, because it's a bit hard for me to relate. Also, sometimes, they feel mature to me, but then they do something that reminds me of their age, so that's really confusing. It was a bit hard for me to see them as they really are and it had an impact on my reading experience, as much as I wanted to ignore their age. I don't know if it's simply because of that, but I also couldn't understand the main characters really well and like them as I normally would, because I wasn't always sure of their motives. I spent most of my time trying to get past everyone's barriers and it annoyed me quite a bit. 

Overall, the plot interests me enough to make me want to continue reading this series, especially since I love this author, but this book didn't quite reach my expectations.

21469090

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire