lundi 6 juillet 2015

Slammed - Colleen Hoover

4.5/5

Sometimes, life gets in your way. That's what Layken realizes after having to move miles away from her home due to her father's recent death. She meets Will, her new neighbor, who's everything she could ever ask for. Very quickly, they fall for each other, until they discover something that forces them to stay away from each other.

This story is not a light-hearted one. The characters face many difficulties and it was hard for me to picture myself getting through everything they experience. However, their strength is inspiring and it is one of the reasons why I loved this book. The way they looked at difficulties is unbelievable and it made me want to be stronger, too.

I started this novel expecting to find a love story about slam, but I discovered it is much more than that. It is a story about life, about decisions, about difficulties, about future AND about love. Not only the romantic kind of love, but love in general, which is refreshing and reminded me of its importance. Slam is a part of the story, one that I absolutely adored, but it is mostly used as a way to express the character's feelings in a different, unique way. The last part of the novel made me tear up a little bit and I would say it is the reason I gave this book a little extra half star.

The only thing I disliked about this book is that I didn't feel like the emotions were described deeply. I felt, at some point, as if they were told, but not explained, which was weird for a book written in the main character's perspective. It made me disconnect with Lake when it happened, so I can't say this book was perfect for me.

I still really, really, really liked Slammed. This was my first Colleen Hoover novel, that I read because of my TBR jar, and I will definitely check her other books out. I have to admit that I also want to check both slam and The Avett Brothers out, because I learned to love them while reading the book.

13372690

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire