mardi 8 décembre 2015

Signs of Love (Series) - Melody James

Hi everyone! I'm doing a series review for once, because these books are so small that it was pointless to write huge reviews. If you think they look too childish, don't judge them too quickly! I personally loved this series so much that I finished it in less than a (busy) week, so I highly recommend it. It's perfect for readers looking for a light-hearted series and aspiring journalists, since it's the main character's dream, too. 


Signs of Love: Love Match (#1)

Goodreads summary:

For as long as 13-year-old Gemma Stone can remember she has dreamed of becoming an award-winning journalist. Unfortunately, as the youngest member of the Green Park High student e-zine editorial team, she's given the job of writing the horoscopes, under the pen name 'Jessica Jupiter'.


My review:

3/5

Ah, cute little books, what an amazing distraction you are. 

This book is sweetness times ten. It's adorable, funny and interesting, which is why I read it so quickly and decided to continue with the series. I'm not going to pretend it's the best book I've ever read, but it definitly is a nice distraction. It might be the book I read in the shortest amount of time this year, but it made it even better. If you're looking for a story to make you forget about school, work or life in general, this book would be amazing for you. Also, I love how it's about journalism, since that's what I'm studying right now.


12349814


Signs of Love: Stupid Cupid (#2)

Goodreads summary:

The path of true love never runs smoothly, and when Gemma is involved it can get exceedingly bumpy!
For as long as thirteen-year-old Gemma Stone can remember she has dreamed of becoming an award-winning journalist. Unfortunately, as the youngest member of the editorial team on the Green Park High student web-zine, she is given the job of writing the horoscopes, under the pen name 'Jessica Jupiter'. Not knowing the first thing about astrology, Gemma decides to make the most of her unexpected situation by using her new position to play Cupid with her friends, writing fictional forecasts to help their romantic dreams come true. But is Gemma to busy with her friends love lives to notice signs of love closer to home?

My review:
4/5
In this book, I feel like the romance started building up. While there were hints of it in the first book, this one had the confirmation that there was indeed some romance to be expected in the future, even though nothing really happened in it. If anything, this book made me desperately want to read the next one, because I knew I could expect more from it and I couldn't wait. It created an addiction (an innocent one, so it's alright), and I ended up going to the library the next day to find the next one... Pretending it was for my little sister (Sorry, Sis)! If I can get addicted to this at 18, I gess everyone can!
15938783

Signs of Love: Paris Crush (#3)
Goodreads summary:
The path of true love never runs smoothly, and when Gemma is involved it can get exceedingly bumpy! 
For as long as thirteen-year-old Gemma Stone can remember she has dreamed of becoming an award-winning journalist. Unfortunately, as the youngest member of the editorial team on the Green Park High student web-zine, she is given the job of writing the horoscopes, under the pen name 'Jessica Jupiter'. Not knowing the first thing about astrology, Gemma decides to make the most of her unexpected situation by using her new position to play Cupid with her friends, writing fictional forecasts to help their romantic dreams come true. But is Gemma to busy with her friends love lives to notice signs of love closer to home?

My review:
4/5
This book made me ache for the main characters. I could feel their emotions and all I wanted was to be thrown into the story to knock some sense into their heads. It was evident that the love story was bound to happen at some point, but it kept being pushed away and I hated it (in a somewhat good way). I ached to find some hints of the romance I knew there was and I probably felt way too much for such a book, but it was absolutely delightful. Also, I love the fact that it's in Paris, because I would LOVE to go there someday and seeing it through Gemma's eyes was really cool!
17321603

Signs of Love: Destiny Date (#4)
Goodreads summary:
It's the end of the school year and the prom is fast approaching. Gemma's friends all have dates and Gemma is destined to go alone. Gemma convinces herself that she doesn't care - it's great being single and free to mingle. But there's one boy who she secretly wishes would ask her - Sam. But Sam's dating Cindy - isn't he?
Meanwhile, when Gemma is asked to assist the school webzine's editor, Cindy, to review a top fashion show, Gemma somehow finds herself on the catwalk modelling for one of the nation's most talked-about designers. But strutting her stuff on the catwalk isn't exactly a breeze!
When the school invite Gemma's alter ego, astrologist "Jessica Jupiter", to be a guest speaker at the End of Year Assembly, Gemma has no choice but to agree. But Jessica's horrescopes have played cupid for half the school - if they discover she's not real then everything will be shattered. How will she dupe the entire school into believeing that Jessica Jupiter is for real?

My review:
5/5
Ahhhh, the end. I feel like everything that needed to happen finally happened in this, which made me very happy. I feel like the journalism part finally made its comeback and I couldn't have been happier, especially with the romance I had been waiting for so long (even though it only appeared so: I think I read this series in three days). I'm very glad with this finale and I would definitely recommend this series!
16280594

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire